Advice on Drop Pans Please *pic inside*

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohen Rabbitry

Reaction score
Ok, I saw this and want to know if other people have used it and if so if it works for them. If not, would you think it would be a good buy? It will be for cages that are stacked 3 high. My cages are 36x24 and divided, which makes them 18x24 each. Which is exactly what this is for. I want to one day get the KW Flush Kleen System, and with my finaces it looks to be the next best thing. Right now I wrap my trays in trash bags and put pine in the corners and changes the cages everyday. This is QUITE pricey, especially since I have to get the 39 gallon trash bags and they only come in 18 bags for $7. So, I go through like 2 boxes a week, plus pine. But will be having more rabbits and cages soon, so I will be spending more. I do this because I am in an apartment. I hate the smell and can't imagine they do either. So, I hope the picture comes out good enough, if not let me know and I will do my best to get you more information since I could only take the picture out of my catalog, I could find a picture of it online. Thanks
P1040096.jpg

Rachel

hay is a problem with a system like this, but if you feed no hay and are scrupulous about cleaning, it is a system that works well.

ladysown":2uozckyi said:
hay is a problem with a system like this, but if you feed no hay and are scrupulous about cleaning, it is a system that works well.

I was wondering about that. So what would you suggest I do/have?

Rachel

this is a completely indoor system that you are using?

you could pick all the hay off by hand, or use hay cubes instead.

you could chop the hay into 3 inch long pieces.

if you were using a system like this outdoors I'd recommend building a system yourself rather than buying it, then you can accommodate things like hay use. :)

ladysown":21r38zei said:
this is a completely indoor system that you are using?

you could pick all the hay off by hand, or use hay cubes instead.

you could chop the hay into 3 inch long pieces.

if you were using a system like this outdoors I'd recommend building a system yourself rather than buying it, then you can accommodate things like hay use. :)

Yes, it is for indoor use. I don't know if this matters, but I use 3rd cut timothy. With the hay rack attached to the side of the cage. Do you think it could just be 'flushed' though the pvc pipe, or do you think it will clog it?

Rachel

MaggieJ":bsr728wl said:
Could you put a trap in the drain pipe to keep the hay out? You used to be able to get them at Dollarama in a couple of different sizes. Might be worth checking out.

You're BRILLIANT! :p I could probally use some of my extra wire that I use to make my cages for it, it would let the urine and poop to go down, but no the hay and then I could just collect the hay and throw it out! I can't believe I didn't think of it! :slap: This is why forums are AWESOME! :grouphug:

Rachel

Latest posts

Back