Register

Advertising?

From vermiculture and selling rabbit manure to rent-a-bunny for Easter photographs, this forum is a place to discuss other ideas for making a profit from rabbits.
8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 6,967.00

Advertising?

Post Number:#1  Unread postby Heritage Homestead » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:40 pm

I'm in the process of putting my rabbitry's name on some breeders list. I was just wondering what are everyones favorite websites to be on? I perfer free (who wouldn't! :D ), but I'm open to all ideas. I am not right now breeding anything fancy (though I'm hoping to sometime in the future). So things like the ARBA probably wouldn't work. Right now I am just breeding New Zeland and Californians as well crosses. So mostly meat. Any ideas would be welcome!
Heritage Homestead
"In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength." Robert E. Lee

Website- www.hhrabbitry.weebly.com

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 9,270.00

Re: Advertising?

Post Number:#2  Unread postby trinityoaks » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:35 pm

What is your market? That will determine, to a great extent, where and how you advertise.

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 3,440.00

Post Number:#3  Unread postby LauraNJ » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:53 pm

I personally think many people do check on ARBA. We are considering getting NZs, have Beverens now, and I have looked on ARBAs breeder page for breeders in my area. Found the Beveren breeders through ARBA and the Beveren club.

If you have a web page it is easy enough for someone to go from the link on ARBA to see what you have. If it is free, it couldn't hurt. :)

United States of America Male
BunnyBucks: 21,575.00

Post Number:#4  Unread postby Kyle@theWintertime » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:35 pm

I too utilize the ARBA site. :)
Wintertime Rabbitry: Zwergschecken/Dwarf Papillons
Member of the American Rabbit Breeders Association, the Western Michigan Rabbit Breeders Association, the Forest City Rabbit Breeders Club, and the Michigan State Rabbit Breeders Association.

https://klawrence5995.wixsite.com/wintertime

Formerly Kyle@theHeathertoft

BunnyBucks: 6,967.00

Post Number:#5  Unread postby Heritage Homestead » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:00 pm

My market right now is just selling for meat. Both to people who want to start to raise their own meat and to those that want the meat already ready.
I'm planning to get a NZW doe so that I can have some buns to sell for fair kids next year. I actually got an email about that today. Sadly all I have are my crosses available right now.
So as far as advertising it would be for meat and meat breed fair rabbits.
I will check out the ARBA.
Thanks
Heritage Homestead
"In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength." Robert E. Lee

Website- www.hhrabbitry.weebly.com

United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 48,829.00

Post Number:#6  Unread postby skysthelimit » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:43 pm

There is an ohio FB rabit page. hoobly.com, ebayclassifieds.com, bestfarmbuys.com
German Shepherds*Rush Hour Rabbitry*Rex *Jersey Wooly*French Angora
http://www.foursquaremicrofarm.us

The following user would like to thank skysthelimit for this post
Heritage Homestead

BunnyBucks: 1,365.00

Post Number:#7  Unread postby toastedoat37 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:58 pm

purebred californians and newzealands are pretty fancy nowdays,, to many iresponsible breeders selling halfbreed mutts to people that dont know better than to buy them for breeding stock. If you sell purebred californians and or newzealands , you will find buyers, butcher the mutts yourself. breed toward the standard of the breeds you choose.

when you put your information on a site, dont false advertise what you dont have and waste peoples time, word things carefully.