Ack, New Cat

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marian

Reaction score
In the middle of summer, I found a very small, half dead kitten sleeping with the chicks. So I took care of her, not thinking she'd survive. She did. She's obviously feral and not too friendly, but she's learned to love me when I hold a can of cat food. I started looking around for a good home for her. She'd have to be a barn cat, I think, would not be happy inside. I won't give her to anybody who won't spay her and people look at me like I have a frog on my head when I make that clear. So it looked like Coop will stay here. Then I did find someone who was taken with Coop and would spay her and let live her in a barn safe and warm. She just had to check with her husband first. So I told my DH that I had found a home for Coop, his response "Oh, that's too bad, I like that cat." Sigh. So I had to tell my poor friend she couldn't have Coop when she called and excitedly told be she could take Coop. But I told her not to worry, it was only a matter of time before another lost, starving feral kitten would show up. :angry: If you'd like to see our new addition, here's the link:
http://wwwmindwanderings.blogspot.com/2 ... p-cat.html

Oh, poor Coop! What a rotten start. People make me so mad! Bless your soft heart, Marian, for saving her. She's really pretty, isn't she? A tuxedo kitty with white gloves. And I bet she'll do a super job of keeping the vermin out of the chicken coop. :)

Feral kitties have a special quality to them. Spookyish, but super loving on one or two trusted people. Bet you if you get her sweetened up, you'll never have a cat you love more (that's my wallace's story, right there, lol)

Back