a very technical question ....

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brody

Reaction score
I am looking for ideas as to how you all keep the angora wool from sticking to your hand when you pluck ...

i had to roll it off my hand in a ball last night which sort of ruined the concept of gently plucking and laying it out in straight rows (which I was able to do with some of it)

was it sticking because of oil on hands, or because it was flying around in a too dry house?

if too dry (and the wool is just sticking to everything), try a spritz of fine water in the air. OR put a kettle on the stove to add some moisture to air

I started putting moisturizer on my hands this time around. That seems to help (it's super dry here) without causing ickies in the wool.

I'm hoping Franco or another angora person will answer, too. maybe there's something else that's easier/better for the wool

probably too dry - never thought of that .. as I hadn't had the problem before - but tis is first (sad) winter plucking :(

I don't have a problem with angora sticking to my hands. It could be hands that have too much lotion or dry hands that are full of static electricity?

Not all wool harvested can be sold as prime on paper. So save whatever sticks to your hands for blending or felting.

I only plucked a couple of times. The rest of the time I used scissors to shear the rabbits. Then we stuck the wool in a ziplock bag.

Have a good day!

Latest posts

Back