A quick tour (YouTube link)

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sendhendrix

Reaction score
Here's a link to a YouTube vid I uploaded.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bJ4k5SGYgi4

I'm interested in any criticism anyone may offer about this setup. I'm beginning to get hooked on this whole rabbit thing.

I don't do any talking in the video, but there is a couple of paragraphs in the "description" of the video, reprinted here:

Published on Jun 12, 2017Just a quick tour of the rabbitry. Kits are ten days old, there are nine of them. Snowball the sire is about a year old, adopted at the 2016 Sarpy County "animal scramble" by my youngest daughter. Daisy the dam is about 8 months, purchased from a backyard meat litter in Iowa when she was (about to be) a fryer. Neither have pedigrees or are registered. They sure look like Californians to me! Daisy is a textbook A1 awesome momma so far, you're seeing her first litter.

Cages are DIY with cage wire from Tractor Supply and hog rings. 36x30x18". The shelter is 2x4 pine framing and 3/8" CDX plywood, hinged in the rear for access to back of cages. I'm still painting everything with good exterior paint, it's all untreated wood because I wasn't sure how well the design would work...it's a cheap prototype. Worked great in the winter and keeps the sun and heat off them so far this summer. I THINK I can cram another cage underneath if need be. Originally the cages were hanging but I HATED the maddening swaying, so now they are supported on EMT conduit. I left the chains for backup. Actually I left the chains because I haven't needed them for something else yet.

Thanks for watching!

Back