A note to everyone.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avdpas77

Reaction score
Some days I don't get much time to be on RT. I love that it has a "menued" forum contents, but, as of late, I have been thinking that that might be causing a problem. I don't raise pets, nor fiber rabbits, nor am I normally involved in rescues any more. I also don't market my rabbits as many of you do. I do feed a few greens and non pellet items.

What I am trying to say, is that a few of these forums I don't visit because they are not in my area of intrest. Some of the forums I do visit, but seldom post, because I am learning and have nothing to offer of intrest. As it turns out, there are only a few of the main fourms in the list I have anything worth contributing, and those are where I post most. I find here, that even in the forums of intrest, many of the people here are already knowledgeable, few newbies, and while I may differ in opinion with some of you, we already know each others views.

So.... If you don't find me posting much, it is not because I am being stand-offish... it is simply a matter of having nothing to offer. :)

I think this will change, AVD, as time goes on. A lot of knowledgeable people have joined us here and this is an advantage that not all new forums start with. Most of us already know each other well.

I'm sure as time goes on and new people join we will have our hands full (of typewriter keys) answering their questions. Your contributions will be very helpful then and very welcome!

We divided the board into areas of interest for two reasons: so people could zero in on their particular areas of interest and to keep people from being needlessly bothered by areas of rabbit keeping that they might find distasteful or even offensive. I know you can't please all of the people all of the time, but we are doing our best to please most of the people most of the time. :D

I figure people often have something to offer but don't feel like they know as much as others might.
Offer what you know, and even if it is only something in YOUR experience, qualify it. Too many people spout something as fact when it's really only something that they have experienced.

MaggieJ":1srrokk8 said:
I think this will change, AVD, as time goes on. A lot of knowledgeable people have joined us here and this is an advantage that not all new forums start with. Most of us already know each other well.

I'm sure as time goes on and new people join we will have our hands full (of typewriter keys) answering their questions. Your contributions will be very helpful then and very welcome!

We divided the board into areas of interest for two reasons: so people could zero in on their particular areas of interest and to keep people from being needlessly bothered by areas of rabbit keeping that they might find distasteful or even offensive. I know you can't please all of the people all of the time, but we are doing our best to please most of the people most of the time. :D

I hope you don't think I am complaining....I am in favor of the setup. If I have only a few moments to look through, I can go straight to the threads that are the most interesting to me. There are other threads on fiber and show, and those most interested in those areas can go there. I think it is a great design.<br /><br />__________ Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:06 am __________<br /><br />
ladysown":1srrokk8 said:
I figure people often have something to offer but don't feel like they know as much as others might.
Offer what you know, and even if it is only something in YOUR experience, qualify it. Too many people spout something as fact when it's really only something that they have experienced.

I don't mind at all if people contribute what they have experienced. It is a piece that I can put in the puzzle and see if it fits. What I mind most is people with no experience contributing information they "hear somewhere" and stating it as fact.

Latest posts

Back