A name for my rabbitry....

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbrologan

Reaction score
Do you think I should have a name for my rabbitry? I think it would be cool, but I don't know. If I did have one I can't really think of a name for it. What do you guys think?

Thanks,
Logan

It seems to me that if you are breeding to for show or sell pedigreed rabbits to others, it would be good to have a name for your rabbitry. If you're breeding just for yourself and your family, or breeding for meat only (whether for yourself or others), you don't really need one unless you want one. JMHO, of course.

It is very popular (down here at least) to have a rabbitry name like Logan's Bunny Barn or Logan's Rabbit Ranch.
Are you planning on eventually selling show and breeding stock or are you just keeping meat in the freezer?
You could also look at the ARBA's rabbitry list or my breeders directory for ideas. The link the ARBA's rabbitry list is http://www.arba.net/Rabbitries.htm and the link to my breeders directory is http://silverstarsilvermartens.webs.com ... rlinks.htm

Emily

I will be eventually selling show and breeding stock. I have Rexes and Mini Rexes.<br /><br />__________ Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:10 am __________<br /><br />What do you guys think of Rockin' Rex Rabbitry?

Not bad, Logan! :)

What I do when choosing a name is to gather all the ideas I can -- good, bad and indifferent -- until eventually one just seems right. Then I go with that one. Don't be in a rush... you've got lots of time.

I like Logan's Rabbit Run!
Rockin' Rex Rabbitry would be good if you are planning on specializing only in the Rex breeds, but if you are planning on ever raising any others I would suggest a name that does not name any specific breed. A person looking exclusively for a Polish probably would not think to look at a site that implies that the owner only raises Rex.
I suggest that when you start selling show and breeding stock to set up a website. It's just a lot easier for the buyers to see what kind of rabbits you have. Probably helps with sales to if you have good pictures. If you ever decide to do one, webs.com is very easy to work with. The websites are free and they are easy to set up. They also have a ton of different templates.

Emily

Logan's Rabbit Run!!! Oh, my goodness, I love it! Logan, perhaps you have heard of the movie "Logan's Run"?

Rockin' Rex Rabbitry has a nice sound, too. But I have to agree that if you ever take on a breed other than Rex, the name won't reflect your expanded capabilities. :)

I REALLY like Logan's Rabbit Run, I might have to consider using that, and you make a valid point Silver Star Rabbitry. I plan on making a website once I move to my moms and I have better access to the Internet.

bigbrologan":26c52uzh said:
I REALLY like Logan's Rabbit Run, I might have to consider using that, and you make a valid point Silver Star Rabbitry. I plan on making a website once I move to my moms and I have better access to the Internet.

I want royalties!!!! :lol:

Back