A cow hide question

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GBov

Reaction score
This project I want to farm out as simply drying it was a huge job so I cant imagine trying to turn it into something soft and fluffy.

Does anyone know a tannery that does hair ON hide tanning? I want it for a bed throw as the fur is sooooo soft and fluffy. Just lovely really.

A totally unrelated question, why are cow hide rugs shaved? The natural fur/hair is really nice but hide rugs are scratchy and awful.

i would google taxidermists in your area and give em a call. sometimes they tan in-house, or they can at least point you to a good tannery that'll do it for you. i know places like moyle mink etc let you ship in hides for tanning but i prefer somewhere i can drive to so i don't have to ship it. i do have a tanner i ship to that's part of a taxidermy community online, but i pretty much only use them for uh, controversial skins that a professional tanner may not accept, and i'm afraid to do myself because i don't want to mess them up.

Latest posts

Back