$3 each Pinecones.....

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

owlsfriend

Reaction score
http://www.amazon.com/Tasty-Toasty-...435770405&sr=8-10&keywords=rabbit+chew+sticks

Okay, I thought all the ways to make people pay for previously free things had been found. Paid water, paid TV,expensive rocks, paid oxygen even....(I thought about ways of getting people to pay for prayer but eventually gave it up.) So I was really impressed when I discovered someone making people pay for pinecones....clean, baked, packaged pinecones....brilliant!

Maybe I'm in the wrong business. But I really like their business model.... :mrgreen:

Wow... to think, I put all that work into making Chewzits for about the same price, when I could just be baking pinecones instead. :shock:

I'm obviously working too hard, lol.

owlsfriend":1zolxq4l said:
http://www.amazon.com/Tasty-Toasty-...435770405&sr=8-10&keywords=rabbit+chew+sticks

Okay, I thought all the ways to make people pay for previously free things had been found. Paid water, paid TV,expensive rocks, paid oxygen even....(I thought about ways of getting people to pay for prayer but eventually gave it up.) So I was really impressed when I discovered someone making people pay for pinecones....clean, baked, packaged pinecones....brilliant!

Maybe I'm in the wrong business. But I really like their business model.... :mrgreen:

PLUS $5 shipping!! o.0

Wow... and I don't even see where it says what size they are... I hope they are at least the huge ones for that price! (reading the rave reviews, it appears that they are).

skysthelimit":dk8zsg6k said:
:shock: well know they are paying for poop here

Yay! :bouncy: You are still selling it, then? :p

I just bagged up another 10 today (I haven't cleaned for about 2 weeks or so), but I was sold out prior to today! :D

Not as much as the beginning of the season, but that is because I quickly ran out, then forgot to make sure the add was up.
New people each time, and they are also asking for meat, so I need to see about a workable set up.

I think I might make some nestboxes too. <br /><br /> __________ Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:41 pm __________ <br /><br /> I wish I had some pine trees

owlsfriend":gxb6l0t3 said:
....(I thought about ways of getting people to pay for prayer but eventually gave it up.)
. Well, it appears you could charge a rather worldly sum. This site http://www.harvestprayer.com/teaching/c ... d-expenses
suggests charging between $500 per day to $1,000-1,500 per weekend. Plus airfare, meals, and mileage. Oh, and parking. They have not included replacement pants in the fee, which as the paying consumer I'd see as an oversight. My expectation would be if I'm paying $500 a day for prayer, the person delivering the prayer is going to be praying so hard they wear the knees out on their pants.

I must have a word with my mother about this. Here she is, in her 80's, living on a frugal retirement sum--and she's been tossing out her prayers like they're candy in a small town parade--praying for free for any sad sap who looks like they could use it. I suspect if I suggest she charge, she'll just gasp--and then add me to her "in need of prayer" list.

Interesting. We have pine trees and I had no idea that the pinecones are edible. Do you know how long they should be baked (and on what degrees) so they are ok for rabbits? And how many can they get per day? What about other cones, like spruce?

Nika":2p3bzy24 said:
Interesting. We have pine trees and I had no idea that the pinecones are edible. Do you know how long they should be baked (and on what degrees) so they are ok for rabbits? And how many can they get per day? What about other cones, like spruce?

We feed pine cones all the time, the buns love them. I just wait to collect them until they are completely open, dry and no seeds, then you don't have to bake them.

Oh, man... and I have all these pine trees in my yard! :shock: Why didn't I think of this? :p

Maybe I should undercut at $2 per pinecone. :hmm: :lol:

owlsfriend":28t5bb63 said:
So I was really impressed when I discovered someone making people pay for pinecones....clean, baked, packaged pinecones....brilliant!
5 reviews, too!

heritage":28t5bb63 said:
Wow... and I don't even see where it says what size they are... I hope they are at least the huge ones for that price! (reading the rave reviews, it appears that they are).
Actually, they're not. You have to look, and scroll almost halfway down the page for the description, but it's there:

Bunnies love pine cones and now you can get a set of three to keep your bunny busy! Our Tasty Toasty Pine cones are collected here in SW Florida from our many Pine Trees (who knew there where more pine trees than palm trees in Florida!). We then bake the pinecones to kill any critters that may have tagged along as well as to neutralize the sap. The result is a tasty pine cone that is safe for your bun! You will receive 3 pine cones measuring anywhere from 4" to 6" long!
Apparently, the people in the reviews have not seen very many pine cones. 4" - 6" is average, not huge. 6" might be considered somewhat on the large side of average. I was thinking these must be the 8" ones I see sometimes. They tend to be much larger around, in addition to being longer.

the reluctant farmer":28t5bb63 said:
I must have a word with my mother about this. Here she is, in her 80's, living on a frugal retirement sum--and she's been tossing out her prayers like they're candy in a small town parade--praying for free for any sad sap who looks like they could use it. I suspect if I suggest she charge, she'll just gasp--and then add me to her "in need of prayer" list.
:coffee-screen:

sunrise":28t5bb63 said:
Nika":28t5bb63 said:

We feed pine cones all the time, the buns love them. I just wait to collect them until they are completely open, dry and no seeds, then you don't have to bake them.
Yep, they go straight from the grass into the cages here. :)

I know during Christmas time those things sell a lot. depending on size some went for add much as 10$

Well ,my rabbits don˙t know what to do with that thing :roll:

Nika":3c7cuk88 said:
Well ,my rabbits don˙t know what to do with that thing :roll:

My rabbits act nonchalant when I give them pinecones.... "oh, yawn, whatever"....but as soon as I'm gone they enjoy them... :lol: They eat the nubs off each point, play with what remains, and eventually it ends up in their water dish....always the water dish....pinecone tea... :bunnyhop: :bunnyhop:

Oh boy.. clean, green NZ has an overpopulation of pine trees obviously.. In my town, people sell big garbage bags of pinecones for $10 :lol: not for bunnies, but for a wood burner/fire.

Latest posts

Back