Register

13 wk old female Holland Lop bites clothing & towels

Understand why your rabbits behave the way they do - and what you can do about it.
5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 3,797.00

13 wk old female Holland Lop bites clothing & towels

Post Number:#1  Unread postby jimmywalt » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:46 pm

One of our female Holland lops who is 12 weeks old loves to bite at our shirts or towel on our lap when we hold her. She will do it non stop. We don't believe this is normal because none of our other rabbits do this.

How do we get her to stop? Why is she doing this?

Thank you.

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 3,610.00

Re: 13 wk old female Holland Lop bites clothing & towels

Post Number:#2  Unread postby Bandits Bunny Farm » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:52 pm

I don't know how to stop it, but it is normal for rabbits. I have a buck, who if he's on my lap, and he's eating my shirt or a blanket, or something else, and i'll be trying to direct him to something else, he will PICK IT UP AND MOVE IT! be it a piece of kale, or my finger, it doesn't matter. but i find it hilarious
~Bandit's Bunny Farm
http://banditsbunnyfarm.weebly.com

"Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in your joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand. But once you are Real you can't become unreal again. It lasts for always."
~The Velveteen Rabbit

Site Supporter
United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 2,386.00

Post Number:#3  Unread postby ek.blair » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:56 pm

Yea, I think it is fairly normal. My Silver Fox buck likes to nibble on your shirt when you are holding him, so we just don't pick him up very often ;) He demands plenty of petting whenever we are in the bunny area though :lol:
THE BLAIR BUNNY PROJECT
Raising meat mutts and Silver Fox

"Learn to do common things uncommonly well; we must always keep in mind that anything that helps fill the dinner pail is valuable.”
― George Washington Carver

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Female
BunnyBucks: 30.00

Post Number:#4  Unread postby ArtHobbyTwined » Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:41 pm

I have some rabbits who do this as a sign that they want out of my lap, generally because they need to "go to the bathroom". Some also seem to do it as a way of returning my grooming.