13 day old kits one kit very fat and not active help!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mom to my buns

Reaction score
Mama had three kits one passed after birth. One kit is active and healthy. The other kit is very fat and not active at all. Not sure how to post pics I'm new on here. Just wanted to ask if the chubby one is ok???

Here are links to picture and attachment tutorials:
attachment-tutorial-t5.html
picture-tutorial-t6003.html

Are the kits eyes open? They tend to become much more active once they open their eyes. Without seeing pictures or having detailed descriptions, it's hard to say whether or not there is a problem.

There is a condition called splay leg, where a fat kit's legs stick out to the sides and it can't get them under its body to move around properly. Take both kits out and place them side by side on a surface with traction. Compare them and then let us know what you are seeing. Pictures would really help.

Sometimes when you have just two, they get really fat. I mean as wide as they are long fat. The little doe out of my litter of two had this permanent position on her back, just waiting for milk. I would just note if they are moving at all. IF you take him out and hold him, does he wiggle at all?

Back