12 angoras down...feed up...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anntann

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
AND I now have a WONDERFUL angora goat fleece! :bananadance2: It's...COLORED!! hubba hubba!! I've never worked with mohair before..should be interesting!

I took 12 kits over to a new friend yesterday. 4.5 hours each way, and then spent 4 hours talking and exploring this WONDERFUL farm...WOWSERS! fantastic big open old barn. lots of out buildings. Met 4 new friends, and hope to do more with them. Unfortunately the BUCK I took over turned out to be a doe :oops: I'm standing there showing him how to tell girls from boys...using the 6month old juniors....and low and behold the "boy" who has been separated BECAUSE he's a boy..it actually a girl! :eek: well. um. er....

Ah well.

One of the 3month old kits died overnight. Just too much stress, I suppose :( There were 5 of them from the litter, and they seemed to be adjusting okay..liked the water and the greens we took in. munching on hay when I left to drive home..but new owner reported that there was one who hadn't made it through the night :(

an now I can work on breeding MORE bunnies!! :up:

oh that's a shame about the baby dying
but otherwise what a nice adventure :)

Back