11 kits 5 days old, mom separated them help

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corgipoo

Reaction score
My Flemish doe( we think Mabey some NZ in her) had 11 kits 5 days ago, yesterday I checked them and she has made a second hair nest in the front of the box and split the kits, the 2 runts and 3 larger kits in the front and the 3 really big ones and the rest in back, what is she doing and should I put them all back together, thanks I'm worried.this is her first litter.

I've had my Flemish do the same thing a couple times. I just put everybunny back together again and they were fine both times. Both time my did the split it was only that one time. Makes me think she was moving the entire litter and got interrupted by something.

I put the kits all together and I think 4-5 are not getting fed well, they are strong but wrinkled, can I just supplement somehow with bottle or dropper? Or if they made it 5 days are they getting enough? Worried

You could try removing the well-fed kits for one feeding to allow the wrinkly ones to get a good feed. Missing one meal will not harm healthy well-fed kits and sometimes that little edge is all the others need to be able to compete.

Back