100 Rabbits Dead, 33 Rescued

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And odd.

Why would they kill most and bury them? And then abandon the rest? Usually people do one or the other, right? Unless they were sick?

It makes me sad. People do such senseless things.

apparently it was someone who got overwhelmed by the rabbits. Other than that, I know nothing.

I do know though from the story that the individual at least took the time to bury the dead stock.

An illness could have run through the herd, could have had need to cull out sick stock or whatever ...

sad.

I've been thinking all morning (and throughout the night restlessly) about a rabbit my hubby and I had come across in an overgrown scenic area in E. Washington. This was in May. I knew nothing of rabbits at the time. but, now i know it was a huge New Zealand with a horrible ear mite infection. it looked like his ear was going to fall off... Someone must have just abandoned him for the wild.
I wanted to save him, but had no idea what to do. We left him there. knowing what I know now, I would have tried to save him...

Aw.... I know it's sad to think about him, Dee. :( But you didn't know what to do, you probably had no way to transport him, and you probably could not have caught him. Don't beat yourself up.

Devon's Mom Lauren":10r8ujp2 said:
Why did they look in the manure pile in the first place?

That was one of my questions. I mean, that had to be some search warrant. I would love to have seen the wording on that. LOL

Latest posts

Back